1. What does the relationship between Dr. Jordan and Grace say about the relationship between men and women more generally?
2. What role do the epigraphs at the beginning of each section play?
3. Are the events that unfold during Grace’s hypnosis genuine or a hoax?
4. How are Mary Whitney and Nancy Montgomery similar and different?
5. Why does Dr. DuPont instruct Grace to keep his identity a secret?
6. Is there evidence to suggest that the reader should place more trust in the perspective of Grace or Dr. Jordan?
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Every Book on Your English Syllabus, Summed Up in Marvel Quotes
A Roundup of the Funniest Great Gatsby Memes You'll Ever See
QUIZ: How Many of These Literary Jeopardy! Questions Can You Answer Correctly?
7 "Crazy" Women in Literature Who Were Actually Being Totally Reasonable
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?