1. How does foreshadowing contribute to the overall narrative flow of david copperfield?
2. How does David’s perspective as an adult narrator shape our understanding of the different characters in the novel?
3. The idea of redemption plays an important role in the latter part of the novel. What are the key elements of redemption for Dickens? What makes Little Em’ly redeemable while Littimer is not?
4. What role do minor characters such as Miss Dartle, Mr. Omer, and Mr. Spenlow play in the novel?
5. What is the importance of motherhood in the novel? How does motherhood figure into Dickens’s exploration of the strong’s domination over the weak?