Please enter valid Email
Please enter Password
Don't have an account?
Created with Sketch.
Lady Chatterley's Lover
Summary & Analysis
Section I: Chapters 1-3
Section II: Chapters 4-6
Section III: Chapters 7-9
Section IV: Chapter 10
Section V: Chapters 11 & 12
Section VI: Chapters 13 & 14
Section VII: Chapters 15 & 16
Section VIII: Chapters 17-19
Full Book Quiz
Section 1: Chapters 1-3
Section 2: Chapters 4-6
Section 3: Chapters 7-9
Section 4: Chapter 10
Section 5: Chapters 11 & 12
Section 6: Chapters 13 & 14
Section 7: Chapters 15 & 16
Section 8: Chapters 17-19
How to Write Literary Analysis
Suggested Essay Topics
How to Cite This SparkNote
Full Book Quiz
Full Book Quiz
, which you don't seem to have. Please try a different browser.
1. What is Lady Chatterley's maiden name?
2. In which of these places did Mellors serve in the army?
3. Which of these people was one of Connie's gondoliers in Venice?
4. Who is the neighbor whom Connie visits before she meets Mellors for their first earth-shattering encounter on the forest floor?
5. Which euphemism does Lawrence NOT use for Connie's genitalia?
Her "Holy Sanctum"
"Her secret places"
Her "peace on earth"
6. What does Sir Malcolm do for a living?
He is a musician
He owns a coal mine
He is a painter
He dances in the ballet
7. How many children does Mellors have with Bertha Coutts?
He didn't have any children with Bertha Coutts. Remember?
8. What is the name of the man with whom Connie has her first affair?
Edgar Loomis Todd
9. What is the name of Mellors' dog?
10. What does "D.H." stand for?
11. What is the name of the Chatterleys' ancestral manor?
12. What is the quotidian purpose of the hut in which Mellors and Connie meet for sex? (I mean, what goes on there on a regular basis? What is the hut used for BESIDES sex?)
BESIDES sex? Dunno. I only read the sex parts of this novel.
Mellors uses it to store gardening supplies.
Mellors grows daffodils there.
Mellors raises pheasants there for hunting.
13. Which of these is NOT one of the young intellectuals who visit Clifford early in the novel?
14. What was Connie's father's name?
15. How does Bertha Coutts figure out that there has been a woman in Mellors' house?
Clifford tells her
She finds a perfume bottle
She finds a nightgown
All the towels are folded
16. What is Mrs. Bolton's first name?
17. Which of the following is NOT a part of Mellors' plan to right the sinking ship of English society?
Bright red pants
Little white jackets
A socialist economy
Learning to be handsome
Context Quick Quiz
Lady Chatterley's Lover: Popular pages
Take a Study Break
QUIZ: How Many of These Literary
Questions Can You Answer Correctly?
Jan 14, 2020
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Dec 27, 2019
Greek Mythology as Told in a Series of Texts
Jan 16, 2020
Pick 10 Books and We'll Guess Whether You're an Introvert or an Extrovert
Jan 7, 2020
QUIZ: Who Said it, Kylo Ren or Hamlet?
Dec 18, 2019