Created with Sketch.
Created with Sketch.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
J. K. Rowling
Summary & Analysis
Full Book Quiz
Analysis of Major Characters
Themes, Motifs, and Symbols
Suggestions for Further Reading
How to Write Literary Analysis
Suggested essay topics
How to Cite This SparkNote
Full Book Quiz
Full Book Quiz
, which you don't seem to have. Please try a different browser.
1. Why is Frank Bryce let off as innocent from the Riddle murders?
Because he was always so loyal to the Riddles
Because he was too weak to do any real damage
Because the coroner couldn't prove that the Riddles had been harmed at all
Because the town of Little Hangleton voted unanimously for his innocence
2. In whom does Harry ultimately confide about the pain in his scar?
3. Does Uncle Vernon ultimately give Harry permission to attend the Quidditch World Cup?
4. What do the Weasley twins leave on the floor for Dudley Dursley to eat?
A Ton-Tongue Toffee
A Chocolate Frog
Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans
5. Who is the only student left standing once the Portkey deposits them at the World Cup?
6. How do the wizards sleep during the Quidditch World Cup?
7. What did Fred and George bet Ludo Bagman?
That Bulgaria would score first
That the game would last four days
That Ireland would win, but Krum would catch the Snitch
That Bulgaria would win, but Lynch would catch the Snitch
8. Why is Hermione so upset when she sees that Winky appears to have conjured the Dark Mark?
Because she knows that Mr. Crouch will fire her from being his house-elf
Because she fears that house-elves are sources of Dark magic
Because she knows that Harry really conjured it
Because she senses that Voldemort is nearby
9. What does Amos Diggory report to Mr. Weasley the morning the kids leave for Hogwarts?
Dumbledore is leaving the school because Lucius Malfoy has fired him
Snape is a Death Eater who steals food from the kitchen to sneak to Voldemort
Mr. Crouch is having a seizure due the stresses of owning an unruly house-elf
Mad-Eye Moody is in trouble for jinxing his dustbins to attack a potential intruder
10. Why can't Harry enter the Triwizard Tournament?
Because he is suspected to have fired the Dark Mark
Because he is under the age of seventeen
Because he must not pose a competitor for Fred and George Weasley
Because he gets stomachaches whenever he is stressed
11. Into what does Mad-Eye Moody turn Malfoy?
A bouncing white ferret
A green octopus
A wobbly wooden table
A writhing, furry spider
12. Which curse upsets Neville Longbottom the most?
13. How does Harry get past the Hungarian Horntail?
Under his Invisibility cloak
By cursing the dragon's eyes
On his broomstick
On a hippogriff
14. Why does Harry dislike Rita Skeeter?
Because she tried to kidnap Hedwig
Because she enchanted his hair to stand on end
Because she is cruel to her house-elves
Because she writes untrue article about him and his friends
15. Where did Dobby find work after being freed from the Malfoys?
In the Hogwarts kitchens
Behind the bar at The Three Broomsticks
At the Dursleys
At a magical creatures petting zoo
16. Why are Ron and Hermione on such uneasy terms during the Yule Ball?
Because her cat Crookshanks attacked his owl Pig
Because he has a crush on her, and she is at the ball with someone else
Because she informed him that he danced badly
Because made fun of her house-elf crusade
17. Why does Hagrid stop teaching class temporarily?
Because Rita Skeeter revealed that he was half-giant
Because he was attacked by one of his Skrewts
Because he went to visit friends in London
Because Lucius Malfoy had him removed
18. How did Harry finally get the golden egg to explain the second task?
By tickling it
By feeding it ladybugs
By listening to it underwater
By dropping it down the stairs
19. Who ultimately suggests that Harry eat gillyweed to breathe underwater?
20. What does Harry observe in Dumbledore's Pensieve?
The trials of various Death Eaters
The death of Bertha Jorkins
The marriage of his own parents
The making of his wand
21. How does Voldemort summon Harry to the graveyard?
By using Ron as bait
By tricking him into following a path on the Marauder's Map
By luring him into a fire with Floo powder
By turning the Triwizard Cup into a portkey
22. What does Wormtail sacrifice in order to revive Voldemort?
His right hand
His right ear
A colony of snakes
23. Who prevents Voldemort from killing Harry, after the two wands separate?
A rather sheepish Wormtail
The ghosts of Voldemort's past victims
Fawkes the phoenix
24. Why did Professor Moody ultimately try to help Harry win the tournament?
To win a bet against Ludo Bagman
Because he cherishes Harry like a son
Purely by mistake
To deliver him alive to Voldemort
25. What does Harry do with the prize money he wins?
Donates it to Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
Gives it to the Diggorys
Drops it in the lake
Uses it to buy socks for Dobby
Context Quick Quiz
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Popular pages
Harry Potter: Character Analysis
Take a Study Break
Every Book on Your English Syllabus Summed Up in a Quote from
Mar 19, 2020
7 Beloved Fictional Characters Who Are Secretly Terrible People
Mar 27, 2020
Romeo and Juliet
As Told in a Series of Texts
Mar 30, 2020
Pick 7 Movies and We'll Tell You What Book You Should Read While You're Social Distancing
Mar 24, 2020
25 Literary Quotes That Will Break Your Heart, But Only If You've Read the Book
Mar 12, 2020