1. How does Aristotle’s list of virtues and vices differ from our modern conceptions of vice and virtue? How might we determine which is better: Aristotle’s system or our own?
2. What is distributive justice? What are the pros and cons of this form of justice?
3. What is the role of practical wisdom, or phronesis? How does it mediate between the moral virtues and the intellectual virtues?
4. What is incontinence, or akrasia? How can a person know what is right and still do what is wrong?
5. Why is friendship so important to Aristotle?
6. What is ethical egoism? Do you agree with Aristotle’s endorsement of it? Why or why not?
7. What, according to Aristotle, is the supreme human activity? What arguments does he give for this position?
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
Pick 5 Books and We'll Tell You What Netflix Show You Should Binge-Watch This Summer
QUIZ: Can You Identify the Shakespeare Play By Its Most Popular Quote?
Every Marvel Movie Summed Up in a Single Sentence
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?
Pick 10 Books and We'll Guess Whether You're an Introvert or an Extrovert