1. Compare the roles that Elizabeth Proctor and Abigail Williams play in The Crucible.
2. What role does sex, and sexual repression, play in The Crucible?
3. Why are Danforth, Hathorne, and the other authorities so resistant to believing the claim that Abigail and the other girls are lying?
4. What kind of government does Salem have? What role does it play in the action?
5. Analyze Reverend Parris. What are his motivations in supporting the witch trials?
6. Discuss the changes that Reverend Hale undergoes in the course of the play.