1. Why does Iris include information about previous generations of the Chase family? How does this information contextualize the experiences of Iris and Laura?
2. What is the significance of Reenie and Myra being mother and daughter?
3. What accounts for the differences in character and values between Iris and Laura, even though they grow up under the same circumstances?
4. What makes Alex Thomas so appealing to both sisters?
5. Why is Iris only able to fully tell her story as she approaches the end of her life?
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Every Marvel Movie Summed Up in a Single Sentence
Macbeth As Told in a Series of Texts
QUIZ: Is This a Great Gatsby Quote or a Lorde Lyric?
QUIZ: Which Coming-of-Age Trope Will You Experience This Summer?
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?
Pick 10 Books and We'll Guess Whether You're an Introvert or an Extrovert