1. Analyze the childhood world of Jem, Scout, and Dill and their relationship with Boo Radley in Part One.
2. How do Jem and Scout change during the course of the novel? How do they remain the same?
3. What is Atticus’s relationship to the rest of Maycomb? What is his role in the community?
4. Discuss the role of family in To Kill a Mockingbird, paying close attention to Aunt Alexandra.
5. Examine Miss Maudie’s relationship to the Finches and to the rest of Maycomb.
6. Discuss the author’s descriptions of Maycomb. What is the town’s role in the novel?
7. Analyze the author’s treatment of Boo Radley. What is his role in the novel?